Sunday, December 1, 2013

Lonely Chairs


This chair isn't the saddest chair I have ever seen, but I can remember the saddest chair perfectly.

The school felt no different after a good long Christmas break. Until I went to physics.

I sat down and glanced over to my left a couple rows of seats and noticed the empty desk. I stared at the empty seat. Every other desk was happy to have their student aboard but the empty desk seemed to be forgotten. The chair looked so empty and lonely.  I imagined how it would've been if the desk was filled. I wanted the seat to be filled. I missed how it was before the break.

I looked back to the front of the room trying not to think about it. The teacher began the class by making a new seating arrangement. The desk was filled, the student forgotten, and school went on just as it had before the break.

But I will never forget that empty chair.

1 comment: